By: Will Bolles
All eyes will be on Russia this summer as the Beautiful Game takes center stage for the 2018 Men’s World Cup. The politics and corruption that have followed FIFA for years will be left on the bench for the likes of fan favorites such as Neymar, Lionel Messi, and of course, Cristiano Ronaldo. There will be some glaring omissions from the field this year. The United States men’s soccer team will miss out on this year’s World Cup after not qualifying for the first time since 1986. Although some do see the American’s failure to qualify as a positive wake up call for a program that was trending downward, the people at Fox would disagree after paying in the ballpark of $400 million for the English broadcast rights for summer’s main event. Yes, TV viewership of the World Cup will be down in the United States, but that does not take away from the spectacle that is the World Cup. Fox has partnered with Twitter and Snap to stream live coverage of match-day stories and highlights, allowing for brands to engage with users across multiple devices. Below are some helpful ways you can use audience extension to reach fútbol fanatics ahead of and during 2018 World Cup:
- Hyperlocal Targeting: Reach users at sports bars while they are on their mobile device. We know that the World Cup brings people together from all over, target viewers as they are cheering on their favorite country and enjoying a pint of Carlsberg.
- Private Marketplace (PMP): PMP deals provide access to publisher’s inventory or audiences through a customized, invite-only RTB marketplace. There are various PMP deals relating to sports content and data, so reach out to your rep and planning team to determine what deals might be a good fit for your brand/business during the World Cup.
- Audience: Behavioral Targeting: ‘World Cup Enthusiasts; Interest: FIFA World Cup’ Target specific audiences based on 3rd party data. Reach out to your rep and planning team for additional soccer audience segments that may be a good fit for your advertiser.
- Contextual Targeting: Soccer and World Soccer: Deliver your advertiser’s message next to content directly related to soccer.
- Mobile Location Retargeting: Soccer: Reach users who have been to a location in the past 30 days that are related to soccer: stadiums, fields, etc
What else has worked for you? Feel free to share any success stories with your pals at Centro for an opportunity to win a Starbucks gift card. Email email@example.com to enter. http://www.otc-certified-store.com/antivirals-medicine-usa.html https://zp-pdl.com/how-to-get-fast-payday-loan-online.php