By Jamie Kowalkowski
Picture it; warm sandy beaches, hot bright sunshine, cool blue waves hitting your toes… I know it may be hard to imagine now in the middle of January; but Spring break is right around the corner. Soon everyone will be starting to dig out of their snow piles and making their way to an exhilarating destination. Whether that destination is the southern islands with those amazing beaches, or snowy slopes along the Rocky Mountains, we can reach them while they plan their vacation and while they are there!
In 2017, IBISWorld highlighted a study estimating that half of the nation’s 20.9 million college students were expected to travel for the spring break season. Of those 10+ million students, about half of those actually chose road trips as their means of transportation over airlines. IBISWorld also estimated that spring breakers spent $1.8 billion this past year in the spring break season, boosting travel and hospitality industries throughout the country. Centro wants to help you reach this audience as they plan and head out on their adventure. Check out the tactics below for ways of reaching an audience with a travel bug!
- Audience – Using relevant third party data segments, Basis DSP can reach travelers as they are planning their trips. Target users as they are booking airlines, car rentals, or hotels within the next 90 days.
- Hyperlocal Mobile – Target local airports/car rental locations within a mile radius and capture those travelers as they await flights, taxis, cars and making last minute travel plans. Targeting local college campuses is a creative way to capture those spring breakers as they start to think about a trip of a lifetime with their friends.
- Contextual – Reach users by targeting travel content.
- Native – Native is a great way to make advertising feel like it is part of the content the user is consuming.
- Newsletters – Using the exchange LiveIntent, we can deliver display ads across travel related newsletters being sent to thousands of users who are opting into receive information via their email.