This is the perfect season to develop strategies for 2023 with current clients and new prospects! In 2022, digital ad spend grew by 17.8%, and across industries, the total could reach $248.81 billion.
The biggest growth came from retail categories, the fastest growth came from travel, and the largest spending was seen in the retail and financial industries.
Also of note:
- Mobile will take just over two-thirds of spending by device. Interested in learning more? Check out this Basis Blog on mobile advertising trends and tech adoption!
- Display will take nearly 58% of spending by format.
- CTV will continue to serve as a huge driver for both revenue and demand from advertisers. In 2022, nearly 84% of all US households will use a connected TV device, and in July, streaming viewership surpassed cable viewership for the first time ever! Learn more about integrating CTV with your omnichannel strategy here.
Have a needs assessment scheduled, but not sure what questions to ask? Try these out on your next discovery meeting:
- Who is your customer?
- Where is your customer located?
- What are your goals for a digital campaign?
- How will you measure success on a digital campaign?
- What makes up your current advertising mix?
- In the past, what has worked well? What hasn’t?
- Do you have a video (or mobile) strategy?
- What are you looking to invest in digital next quarter?
- Who are your competitors?
- Is there anything in the digital space I can help you learn more about?
As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’d like to brainstorm on ideas or chat through upcoming pitches. We’re here to help!