By Alyssa Hamm
Building first party audiences and tracking conversions are essential tasks for any advertiser. In the past, advertisers had to utilize many different standard pixels to capture audiences and track conversions. For example, let’s say an advertiser wanted to:
1. Track purchase-based conversions on their website,
2. Build an audience of general site visitors, or
3. Build another audience of users who make it to the hours and locations page.
With standard pixels, this would require the usage of three separate pixels all placed on different locations throughout the site. As advertisers want to track more conversions and build more robust sets of audience data, pixel strategies can get messy and leave room for human error. Implementing universal pixels can make the data more robust and easy to collect. In the example above the advertiser would have to organize and place three different pixels, but with a universal pixel the advertiser would only have to place one!
A universal pixel has the ability to build first-party audiences and track user actions with a single pixel. In fact, it can act as multiple audience and/or conversion pixels simultaneously. In terms of the example above, the advertiser can still have the same three items they want to track on their site, but would only have to place one universal pixel on the site. From there, the buyer will create rules within the DSP that help to determine what actions the pixel should track when the pixel fires on a website.
When you are in a meeting, listen for the advertiser to bring up the below:
- Building multiple audiences
- Tracking multiple conversions
- Experiencing difficulties keeping track of and placing pixels
- Wanting to focus on retargeting
Ask the following questions to lead your conversation towards the topic of universal pixel:
- What is your retargeting strategy?
- Have you ever tracked conversions on your site? Is that something you would like to do?
At the end of the day, you can make collecting audiences and tracking conversions easier on your advertiser with the implementation of one easy-to-place pixel! http://www.otc-certified-store.com/cholesterol-medicine-usa.html https://zp-pdl.com/online-payday-loans-cash-advances.php